Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Just fun times.

She is "worming" around now. Not crawling yet. But seems to get around just fine. I even have been catching her standing up on things. That is when she gets so excited she grins from ear to ear. She grabs my jeans and grunts trying to pull herself up my leg when she wants held. It is so cute. Every day she gets better and better at pulling herself up it makes me nervous. We try to tell her "no" when she gets to the DVD player, but she just looks at us and pops the tray out, her personal ladder to the TV I guess. Man we love her and are amazed by her every day. Every parents says that, but it seems like finally I understand about how kids are so amazing. Lucus rolls around on the floor with her and can make her giggle with no end with his range of voices, silly faces, and tickles.
Frozen strawberries seem to be a favorite, but once they thaw she drops the holder and cries. Works well for a while. I gave her a plain ice cube to suck on after a strawberry and she automatically dropped it. Not as good eh?





4th of July swinging away. At first she didn't know what to think. Then there were a few moments of fun, then she got bored and just lounged, no smile, no expression. Of course we were doing the enormous, way too obvious grins and overexcitement trying to get her to smile. Here is a mild attmept. Cute though.





2 comments:

Howells Fam said...

The first time Carlee went swinging, she didn't really love it either. It was kind of that same experience - no smile, no crying, just no expression, but she loves it now. Keep trying and I'm sure (maybe) that Sydney will eventually love it too...

Jenny said...

I think the "no expression" thing is hilarious. Troy does that sometimes with things that we'd think would be absolutely thrilling. I think its a 'taking it all in' moment or something. She's so cute! I need to see you guys more.